Friday 1 September 2017

Month in Review: August


As I type this, I am becoming a nervous wreck at the thought of going to University :( In less than a week, I will be all moved in, and navigating a task I have never had good luck with in the past: making friends. Please send happy thoughts my way.

What I Read: 

In August, I really got back on track with my reading!!

Saints and Misfits by: S.K. Ali: 4/5 stars
Geekerella by: Ashley Poston: 2/5 stars
The Star-Touched Queen by: Roshani Chokshi: 3/5 stars
We Are the Ants by: Shaun David Hutchinson: 4/5 stars
When We Collided by: Emery Lord: 5/5 stars
The Lost Hero by: Rick Riordan: 4/5 stars

Favourite Book: The clear winner was When We Collided!! It had such good mental health rep and really was a harrowing story.

What I Blogged: 

I really enjoyed getting back into writing blog posts this month! I loved my review of When Dimple Met Rishi, and it seemed to generate a lot of comments as well, which was very much appreciated.

Favourite Blog Posts of the Month: 

Cee shares some views on Education 

Ruzaika explains why we should totally read The Upside of Unrequited 

Geraldine does the Around the World Book Tag

Life Stuff: 

This month was the month of moving. My entire room was taken down and packed into a big truck for university. I feel very out of place and I'm not really enjoying the changes at all, but luckily I did have some other things this month to keep my mind off of it.

For starters, my mom's cousins celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary with a huge party! A lot of my cousins from England came and it was like a huge family reunion. The main thing that I was excited about was getting to get all dolled up in Pakistani and Indian wear. My family rarely ever wears lehengas, saris, or even henna tattoos, and I feel like that night we really embraced the culture and I felt really beautiful :) Here are some photos:



The second thing that really lifted my mood was seeing Coldplay in concert. They are one of my favourite bands and I can honestly say that was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The colours, the lighting, the confetti, everything was just so beautiful.



Now pretty much the only thing I have left to look forward to is Fan Expo on the 2nd. Then literally the next day, I am being whisked off to the next chapter of my life. And I could not be more terrified.

How was your August?

Emily @ Paperback Princess


10 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your reading back on track! And you all look lovely in those pictures from the wedding anniversary! Purple really suits you, too :) As for uni: you just have to remember that everyone else is in the same boat as you and trying to make friends too. You'd be surprised how nice your fellow classmates can be, as I've already made some friends and I'm not at uni yet! Maybe also see if there are any clubs you're interested in? Clubs are always good for meeting new people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charlotte! I really appreciate every ounce of advice and support about uni, and I definitely will join the creative writing and book clubs :))

      Delete
  2. Cool recap, Emily! I really want to read We Are the Ants, along with Saints and Misfits. You and your cousins look so beautiful at the wedding anniversary! BUT OMG YOU SAW COLDPLAY?! Wowow I love them too. <3 Good luck at university; I'm sure you'll do great. :D

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna :) <3 And YES THEY WERE SO GOOD OMG!! The tickets are kinda expensive even in the nosebleeds section but they're sooo worth seeing because of the quality of the show you get. Highly recommend :)

      Delete
  3. Ah seeing Coldplay live must have been amazing! So cool you got the chance to see them!

    Sending positive vibes your way re. university. I totally know how you feel and it's such an awful, terrifying feeling. All the best - I really hope it goes smoothly :)

    Hope you have a lovely September, Emily!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I hope it all does go very smoothly:) <3

      Delete
  4. *sends good vibes for uni* - whatever happens, you're doing great, ok? :)

    Thanks so much for the link! XD

    And it looks like you had a lot of fun @ your parents anniversary - and @ Coldplay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cee <3 I will definitely be sharing updates on my uni progress.

      Delete
  5. I wish you all the luck with Uni Emily <3 Have fun and enjoy the experience :) And wow you look gorgeous in the lehenga! <3 AND YAY FOR SEEING COLDPLAY LIVE OMG!!

    ReplyDelete