Saturday 8 November 2014

Four Series ( Divergent Spinoff) By: Veronica Roth

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopia
Published: July 8, 2014 by: Harper Collins

* if you have not read the Divergent series, do not read this review as it may contain spoilers*

 This review is long overdue. I have wanted to share this amazing series forever. A spinoff of the bestselling Divergent series, The Four Series tells the story of Tobias, a 16-year old Abnegation member about to make his faction choice at The Choosing Ceremony. Going against his father's wishes, Tobias chooses the Dauntless faction. There, he will have to prove is bravery, fight past rivals and uncover the secrets of his "dead" mother's past. Told in 4 parts, this series explains about Tobias' life right up to when he met Tris Prior.

This book was flawless. Being a huge fan of the Divergent series, reading this book was quite exciting for me. I was hooked. I loved how the author wrote this book, explaining in detail about Tobias' past life. While reading Divergent, I was always curious about Tobias. This cleared up a lot of my questions.

This series was one of those spinoffs that you have to read after reading the original series. There were a lot of parts in this book that connected back to the Divergent books, so it might be confusing for someone to read this series first. However, both series were amazing.

Divergent is just one of those series that you never get tired of. After hearing about this spinoff, I was sooooo excited to hear more of this story. I applaud Veronica Roth for creating two powerful and captivating series. Overall, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. If you loved Divergent, then this book is exactly for you.


Bye for Now!
Paperback Princess




No comments:

Post a Comment