Tuesday 7 October 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2- Character Driven Novels



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, where bloggers share their top ten choices based on the topic that week. 
Book characters can either make or break a book for me. If I loved the characters, I basically loved the book. Here are some of my favourite character-driven books. 

1. Four: A Divergent Series Collection by: Veronica Roth
   I fell in love with Four's drive, confidence and brave nature. I'm sure you will too!

2. Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by: Gayle Foreman
   This book follows Adam's struggles being in the public eye, and I loved his bravery towards the people he loves. 

3. Skinny by: Donna Cooner
   This story follows a girl longing for change in her life, and you'll fall in love with her courage. 

4. Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell
    This stunning tale was amazing at capturing the struggles of two teens and their fight for love. 

5. Prom and Prejudice by: Elizabeth Eulberg
    I loved the main character's passion to be her own person. 

6. The Outsiders by: S.E. Hinton
    One of my favourite books because of its characters' love and friendship towards one another. 

7. North of Beautiful by: Justina Chen
    I liked this main character's powerful message that she wanted to send about self-esteem. 

8. The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by: Rick Riordan
    I loved all of the characters' friendship and compassion towards each other throughout the series, but particularly in this book. A great series! 

9. The Great Gatsby by: F. Scott Fitzgerald
    This is very much a classic novel, and is not for everyone, however I loved all of the characters, in particular, Gatsby. 

10. City Of Bones by: Cassandra Clare
      I wasn't too keen on the plot of this book, but I continued reading because of the versatility of characters. They were funny, dramatic, wise and kept the book interesting. 

What character-driven books do you like? I'd love to know! 

Bye For Now!
Paperback Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment