Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Ultimate Book Tag

Thank you to Claire @ Bookworm Reviews for tagging me to do this tag! Hopefully you will get to learn a bit more about me!



 1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
 Sadly, yes. I wish I could read in the car, as it would pass time on long road trips, but I feel awful after reading one chapter. 

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why? 

Gayle Forman, because she writes about really personal topics, as well as difficult topics to write about. And she does it well. 

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter, hands down. a) because it kept my interest throughout the entire series. b) each book added a different component leading up to the last book c) the characters were funny, brave and intelligent. 
I could go on and on as to why I love this book. 

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?

Besides my backpack, no. In my backpack I keep books that I want to read throughout school. Other than that, I have a binder, pencil case and my laptop in my backpack. 

5. Do you smell your books?

Sometimes. There's just something about the smell of a new book that's so comforting. I'm so weird. 

6. Books with or without little illustrations? 

I like books without illustrations because I like there to be as much writing on a page as possible. I don't really pay attention to illustrations. 

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)

Take a Bow by: Elizabeth Eulberg. I read this book years ago, and thought that it was the best writing ever. Now, it just doesn't appeal to me. 

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

It's not really funny, just ironic. When I was little, although I liked to read, I took horrible care of books, ripped the spines etc. Now, I don't let anyone near my books for fear of them getting a dog-eared page or something.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? 

The Great Gatsby by: F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf? 

I'm pretty sure it's Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by: J.K. Rowling

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I love to write as well as read. My dream is to publish an original novel. However, as of now, I'm not creative enough to think of any clever potential novels. Only time will tell. 

12. When did you get into reading? 

I've loved reading since forever. I got into The Magic Treehouse Series at a young age, and worked my way up from there. 

13. What is your favorite classic book?

I know I've mentioned this book countless times in my blog, but The Great Gatsby is sooo good. 

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?  

When I first started high school, I was so looking forward to English, however it turned out to be one of my hardest subjects. I think that just my views on a story, and my teacher's views always seemed to be different. I'm only in my second year of high school, so maybe things will get better.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?

I've never been in that position before, but I think that I would just keep in on my bookshelf for eternity, or if I had a big enough pile of old books, I would donate it to a used book sale. 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

Birthmarked by: Caragh M. O'Brien. It has the same theme of a future where people are divided into groups, some less fortunate than others. 

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging? 

I get distracted when writing a blog post. Somehow, I always seem to find myself scrolling through twitter when writing. 

18. What is your favorite word? 

Probably kerfuffle. which means a commotion or fuss. I say it a lot. 

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

Mostly a dork. I like to dress up as Harry Potter or talk to myself for 20 minutes about how perfect Tobias Eaton is. My life revolves around books. 

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why? 

Fairies because they're so pretty, and since I was little, I've always wanted to be one. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Angels because I think it would be so beautiful to be one, fluttering around everywhere. 

22.  Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Spirits because they're a bit less gruesome and scary than werewolves. 

23. Zombies or vampires? 

I've read more books on vampires than zombies, so I choose vampires. 

24. Love triangle or forbidden love? 

Forbidden love, because I find love triangles to be a little bit cheesy and uninteresting. 

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Bye far, action-packed with romance mixed in. I find full on romance to be really boring. 

I tag anyone who would like to do this tag! 


Bye For Now! 

Paperback Princess








2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did the tag! I can completely relate regarding Harry Potter, starting reading early on, love triangles, car sickness, and especially procrastinating while writing. I also tend to proctastinate while doing school work. I consider myself a time traveler; I'll stop something important to do something else for five minutes, and then three hours later I'll realize I never finished the initial assignment. Anyways, great answers! I really enjoyed reading your post:)

    Claire @ Bookworm Reviews

    ReplyDelete