Friday 10 October 2014

Shiver by: Maggie Stiefvater

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance

Shiver was a book that surprised me. The story follows a high-school student named Grace, who has spent years admiring a yellow-eyed wolf that appears near her house. Meanwhile Sam, a werewolf has spent years going to the yard of a girl who always admires him. Sam is too afraid of talking to the girl in human form. She would never understand. When Grace and Sam finally meet, a romance is sparked. However, Sam cannot remain human forever, and his wolf pack is on the verge of being killed off by Grace's town. Together, the two must go on a journey to save their love.

I very much enjoyed this book, which surprised me at first. I thought that this book would be like the werewolf version of Twilight, a book that I did not enjoy very much. I thought that it might not have a proper plot, or any interest to it. I was completely wrong. In this case, I'm very glad that I did not judge a book by it's cover.

The book had perfect amount of romance and adventure. The plot was interesting, and I loved the plot twists. Unlike other romance novels, this book contained a right amount of action. I loved the suspense, and even the mystery. I liked this book because it was versatile in genre.

I would definitely say that this book can even be read by people who do not like romance novels. It actually had suspense, plot twists and show much more! That being said, I did find that some parts were a bit confusing. There were a lot of twists and turns in the book, that I found myself having to go back to previous pages to find out what was going on. Still, it was very good.

Overall, I loved the book because of its content. The book was not a pointless romance novel, but it was also not an action-packed thriller. It was a bit confusing, but looking past that, I would say that the author did a great job in creating a captivating plot. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars, because it crushed my stereotype of some romance novels being boring, however it was a bit hard to follow. Still though, I commend Maggie Stiefvater's work. 



Bye for Now!
Paperback Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment